MARYLAND'S MOST THOROUGH HOME INSPECTION
With over 30 years of experience in new construction, remodeling and property management, I know what to look for. Every home inspection performed by 1st American Home Inspections comes loaded with value:
- A thorough inspection of the home from top to bottom
- You are encouraged to come along
- Your concerns are my concerns
- A digital report delivered within 24 hours
- High quality digital pictures
- Detailed explanations and when appropriate, recommendations
- 5 Year Roof Leak Repair Coverage
- 1 Year Warranty with Termite Inspection
- 90 Day Mold Safe Warranty
- 90 Day Sewer Warranty
- 90 day structural and mechanical warranty
- Licensed by the State of Maryland
- Certified Mold Inspector
- NRPP Certified for Radon Testing and Analysis
- Member AARST
- Certified and Accredited by the Maryland Department of the Environment
- Schedule online with the phone app or desktop 24 hours a day
- Referring agents are indemnified by our professional liability insurance
- Free marketing for agents
Way More Than Just an Inspection!
If we inspect your home, and find no evidence of a roof leak, regardless of the condition, the 5 Year Platinum Roof Warranty will protect you. If your roof leaks, you are covered. This includes all residential roof types, including asphalt or composition shingles, slate roofs, metal roofs, tile roofs, and non-commercial flat roof types.
YOUR FAMILIES SAFETY IS OUR GREATEST CONCERN
Every home inspection includes a Recall Check of the permanently installed appliances. This includes the: water heater, furnace, air conditioner, evaporator coils, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and possibly more. As long as the model number is legible and the appliance is less than 40 years old, it will be checked for recalls. Most recalls are issued because of fire hazards and other safety related issues. The manufacturers will almost always pay for these repairs. Talk about peace of mind!
YOU ARE COVERED WITH MOLDSAFE
We offer way more than just an inspection! Conditions can change in a home between the time of inspection and closing. If mold is found in your home, that was not present at the time of your inspection, then you are covered for up to $2000. towards remediation.
90 DAY LIMITED WARRANTY
We back all of our inspections with a 90 day Limited Structural and Mechanical Warranty. This warranty is valid 90 Days from the date of inspection or 22 days after closing whichever comes later. This warranty covers repairs to items the Home Inspector has found to be in good working condition at the time of inspection and are specifically listed within our warranty.
• You will never have a deductible to pay.
• Claims will be handled within 72 hours of complete submission.
• This warranty may work in conjunction with an existing warranty.
CHOOSE YOUR INSPECTOR CAREFULLY
With every full home inspection, we have Sewer Line Protection from Sewer Gard - the world leader in underground repair coverage. Buy with confidence and worry less knowing that main water and sewer collapses and breaks are covered, up to $4000.
WORKING FOR YOU LONG AFTER THE INSPECTION
Home Owners Resource is a FREE service provided by your Home Inspector that gives you access to ask a Professional any question about your property. This service is especially useful for any maintenance issue that may arise in your home where you would like an expert’s input and/or suggestion!
We offer a number of additional services designed to assess the environment of the home and find otherwise hidden defects that can cost you thousands of dollars to remedy and may expose you or your family to unhealthy conditions. In most cases the seller would be responsible for these repairs if identified prior to closing.
Radon is the #1 Cause of Lung Cancer among non-smokers. According to the EPA, Radon Gas kills approximately 20,000 people each year. To put that into perspective, Radon killed about twice as many people as drunk drivers did in 2013.
We take Radon Gas very seriously
- We are NRPP Certified for Radon Testing and Analysis and members of the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologist.
- We use state of the art continuous radon monitors which have been tested by an independent lab to confirm their accuracy of +/- 2%!
- We follow the Environmental Protection Agency’s standards for monitoring radon.
- Your inspector is certified by the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants
- Our equipment meets or exceeds the EPA’s recommendations.
- We require the occupant to cooperate with the closed building condition protocols required by the EPA.
- Our equipment is truly tamper resistant as recommended by the EPA
- Because or our training and the accuracy of our equipment we can provide test results immediately. You won't need to wait while we send our equipment to a lab!
Discounted Radon Testing
If you just read about how deadly Radon Gas is, you are probably wondering why anyone with our training, certifications and state of the art equipment, would discount the price for testing? The answer is simple. We want you to have the testing done. When a test result comes back high, the seller will almost always have it fixed. Why would anyone want to live in a home that has high Radon Gas levels when it can be fixed if the owner is made aware of it?
I would much rather have a healthy repeat customer when the time comes for your next home purchase. Doing the right thing is good for business.
We are certified by the Mold Inspection Consultation Remediation Organization to perform Mold Inspections and collect air and surface samples. We use an accredited laboratory to analyse the mold samples collected and provide a report documenting the types of mold present and then determine if there is a problem in the home. We use state of the art mold testing equipment.
Discounted Mold Testing
If we are already inspecting the home for you, we can perform the mold test right away without any additional driving time. That is why we offer mold testing for a significant discount. It is very important that you feel safe in your home and we want to help you to do so.
Mold Testing for every budget
We offer two types of mold testing and inspection designed to satisfy your level of concern.
Mold screening is an inspection of the entire property and includes:
- A separate section of the home inspection report
- Photographs of any "red flags" that might indicate a problem
- An explanation of the cause whenever possible
- A sample collected on every floor and a control sample
- Lab report from an independent, accredited lab, with details about the type and concentrations of mold
- Recommendations for mold remediation to bring the home back to a safe condition if a problem is found
Just Mold Testing of the area of concern, such as a basement or any area with indications of leakage or a past flood. This includes:
- Samples collected in the area, or areas of concern
- Lab report from an independent, accredited lab, with details about the type and concentrations of mold
A moisture intrusion inspection includes the use of thermal imaging equipment and professional grade moisture meters to find water leakage that may not be visible to the naked eye. Moisture intrusion can take many form: roof leaks, leaks around windows and doors, plumbing leaks at sinks, bathtubs, toilets, leaks at the foundation. A moisture intrusion inspection includes: using a thermal imaging camera to view ceilings beneath the attic or roof, kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms and utility rooms, outside walls around windows and doors, foundation walls and floors. Measurement of the relative humidity and temperature to find the dew point and identify possible condensation problems. A moisture intrusion inspection can't turn up leaks that are not active and won't predict leakage that may occur in the future. Moisture intrusion inspection is a great add on for any home inspection or mold screening and when combined makes for an extremely thorough inspection.
Carbon Monoxide Testing
We use professional grade carbon monoxide detection equipment to identify unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is known as the "Silent Killer" because it is an invisible, odorless gas that kills or sickens many people every year in the US. Many people suffer from low level carbon monoxide poisoning and have no idea why they are sick. We'll check all appliances that use fossil fuel if they are operational and check every part of the home for unsafe levels. If all of the appliances are electric there is no need for this test.
Termite (WDI) Inspections
We offer termite inspections as a service for your convenience. We use trained professionals to inspect and identify not only termites but other wood destroying insects (W.D.I.) such as: carpenter ants, powder post beetles and carpenter bees. This will include the documentation necessary to satisfy your lender or an estimate to exterminate them right away. Reports are delivered the next business day. This service includes:
- A very thorough inspection of the home for evidence of an infestation
- 1 year warranty that covers the cost of treatment when no evidence of activity is found
- Detailed plan for treatment if evidence of activity is found
- Extremely competitive price for treatment if needed
This is the best value in Termite Inspections!
Because chimneys are often unsafe and repairs can cost thousands of dollars, we have invested in the training and equipment necessary to inspect chimneys inside and out. We use the video scanning system, which has become the standard in the industry, to inspect the chimney flue from the inside. We provide a very thorough digital report with photographs of the chimney condition, safety hazards and defects, not just a hand written estimate for repairs. If you wish, we can send the report to chimney repair contractors that we work with. We NEVER accept kickbacks or referral fees for this service.
What Is a Chimney Inspection?
- Your inspector will examine the readily accessible portions of the chimney exterior and interior including attics, crawl spaces and basements.
- The inspection will address proper clearances from combustibles in accessible locations.and accessible portions of the appliance and the chimney connection.
- Your inspector will be looking for the basic soundness of the chimney structure and flue as well as the basic appliance installation and connections.
- Your inspector will also verify the chimney is free of obstruction and deposits.
- A camera is used whenever possible for to examine the internal surfaces and joints of all flue liners incorporated within the chimney.
- The inspection is visual only and would not include removal of permanently installed fixtures or destructive measures.
- We may choose to use an independent contractor for chimney inspections of stoves or when the chimney is very tall, roof too steep to climb, etc.
- If we can't complete the inspection for any reason you will receive a discount or reimbursement.